Every Other Day Diet has come as a breath of fresh air in a world oversaturated with diet plans that seldom work. Rather than rehashing the tried and tired diet methods, Every Other Day Diet (or EODD, as it is called affectionately) takes a revolutionary take on dieting. Rather than having the dieter starve on salads and fruits, the Every Other Day Diet gives you the freedom to eat your favorite foods, while still losing weight.
Written by Jon Benson and Janis Hauser, the Every Other Day Diet is designed to reduce calorie and eliminate fat without repressing the body’s metabolic rate. The program does not require too much willpower or lowering calorie severely or a limit on favorite foods.
How the Every Other Day Diet Works
The concept of the Every Other Day Diet is simple: on one day you eat high protein, highly nutritious food to help you burn more body fat and to create a calorie deficit that is required for any weight loss. You are also recommended to do strength exercises to boost your metabolism and burn more calories faster.
Every other day, you can eat whatever you want, including pizza, burgers, and so on. You do need to use your head and not go overboard. You shouldn’t stuff yourself silly but you can allow yourself to enjoy your favorite food again.
What are the benefits of The Every Other Day Diet?
• No rigid eating guidelines – Many of the diets out there pretty much don’t leave you a chance with their tough diet plans and strict rules about what you cannot eat. As a result, you end up hating it and quit.
• Psychological advantage over other diets – With EODD the food cravings are much more manageable. Compare “Tomorrow I’m goanna eat cheesecake” with “I’m never goanna taste the sweet taste of cheesecake again”… which one is depressing, and which one is encouraging?
• 3 different levels for increased weight loss – Allowing you to fit the diet to your goals (and you are able to switch between the different levels to re-accommodate the diet to your lifestyle)
• Helps you set clear and attainable goals – How will you get to where you want to be if you don’t know where it is? EODD helps you set the right goals for you.
• A complete section on getting in the right mindset for dieting in general and EODD in particular – Getting in the right mindset is crucial for any diet.
A key part of this diet plan is the Snapp eating system or Snapp fitness plan. This is something new included only in the second edition of this book. Snapp stands for: Shakes, Nuts, Apples, Protein, Produce. This is a simple eating system created by Jon to help you stay on the plan without the hassle of spending hours in the kitchen preparing special diet meals. Hooray!
There are five food plans included in this diet. The Primer Plan (Beginners), The Lifestyle Phase 1 Plan (Beginners and Intermediate dieters), The Lifestyle Phase 2 Plan (Intense Fat Burning), The Extreme Plan (Bodybuilders), and The Ultimate Plan (Fitness Obsessed). If you are in the normal dieter range, you’ll be comfortable with the Primer and Phase 1 choices. You will eat Snapp foods 5 times a day, and every other day you can eat one junk food meal. Jon says that as long as you follow his recommendations to the letter, you’ll lose weight.
Every Other Day Diet has some impressive credentials. It is doctor approved, was created by 3 of the most renowned diet and fitness experts in the world, has helped over 300,000 people in over 107 achieve phenomenal results, and has been proven to work in everybody, regardless of your current physical condition, age, or pre-existing conditions (thyroid problems, etc.).
The Every Other Day Diet is an impressive mix of original research, a highly detailed and rewarding diet plan that never becomes too mundane or boring, and solid dietary advice that will leave you leaner, fitter, and healthier. A must read for anyone looking to lose weight.